Sunday, July 31, 2011

Saturday with the girls

On Saturday, I was able to go down to the Lost Pines Resort for a day of fun with the girls. Tanna and Audra come down from Dallas and Lauren came over from Bastrop. Tanna and Lauren both had their kids. I wish the boys could have joined us. We floated the lazy river, got some sun, explored the petting zoo, and played in the bounce house. I think me and Tanna had more fun in the bounce house than the kids did!! The resort was so nice and the staff took very good care of us while we were there. I think we decided that we need to come for a longer period of time the next time we come! There were too many fun things to do and not enough time. I think my favorite part of the day was when the kids were playing by themselves and the four of us were able to talk uninterrupted for a bit. About nothing in particular really, just real life issues that women face and how we cope. We were able to share songs and verses that speak to each of us, in hopes that they speak to others too. I am so blessed to have women around me that have my same spiritual convictions and who I can talk freely with about anything!


Being silly

Ice cold drinks on another 100+ degree day

On the Lazy River

Me, Tanna and Lauren

playing in the sand

No comments: