Sunday, September 14, 2008

5 Year Anniversary

This weekend Daniel celebrated our anniversary. We have always followed the traditional gift for each year...paper, leather, wood, etc... and for 5 years it was fruit or flowers. Since neither keep we decided to try to do something that would last. We decided to go to the pottery studio and paint each other something that had fruit or flowers on it. It was alot of fun!! I chose a flower and a cabinet knob with grapes on it and Daniel chose a coffee mug that I painted a football on in the grass, that was as close to a flower as I could think of! Afterwards we went to dinner and then for dessert and coffee. It was great to be able to spend time alone with each other, enjoying things we always used to do even when we were dating!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a great idea!! I will have to steal it! I just found one of those pottery places by my house...I cant wait to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Good idea!!! I doubt I could even get Scott into the pottery store, let alone paint a piece! Y'all are doing good on getting into the anniversary stuff. Did you see my post on our anniversary? No gifts, no cards...and we've only been married one year longer than you!!!
Happy Anniversary Daniel and Brittany!