Saturday, January 30, 2010

Purple flowers

Thinking back, every boyfriend I have ever had has always given me purple flowers of some sort. Purple is my favorite color and lavender roses are just so beautiful, but receiving purple flowers of any kind is so special to me.

As the boys and I get situated in our new surroundings we have gone exploring a few times, looking for new parks and trails to walk on. We headed down one path with a park in site pretty far up ahead and, of course, Troy blasts off on his bike ahead of me. I take that time to enjoy my surroundings in quiet as I push Teague in the stroller, while keeping an eye on my super hero on wheels ahead of us. It was a gorgeous day, cool and sunny, but no need for a coat. As I walked, the grass was green, the birds chirping, the sun warm, but then I noticed...one single purple flower. Against the green grass it was brillant and stood out. I smiled as my heart warmed and I knew it was from God. The entire path ahead was peppered with these purple flowers. I fought back tears and savored the moment quickly as Troy was loudly calling out to me, "Hurry up, Mom."

We deviated off that path and onto another, no flowers. To the park with the swings for Troy to play, no flowers. Until it was time to leave and we returned to the path to take us home and again I enjoyed my gift. It amazes me that God knew I would walk that particular path and decided to surprise me! I picked a few and brought them home in an attempt to keep them alive as a reminder. They were withered within a few hours, but I know I will never forget how special God made me feel on our walk that day.

He is the Author and Creator of romance and love, makes me wonder what He has planned for Valentine's Day?!

2 comments:

Brie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brie said...

How beautiful. Sounds like just what you needed!