Friday, January 15, 2010

Who's in control?

I've been thinking alot about how you get through a tragic situation apart from God? Or even simpler, how do you get through life without God. There will be tragedy, we are guaranteed that, so where does that person with no God turn? What hope does that person have? Where do they draw strength from?

I am so thankful that I have God. That I wake up every morning and choose to have God. Oh, I could easily decide I don't need Him and scroll through the commands I want to follow out of the Bible and justify why the others don't apply to me, but then I'm not really following Him, am I? As a friend put it, "Have you ever been there? Jesus confronts you with a truth that requires you to either choose to change your outlook and behavior or to choose to just not follow Him completely any more. I mean, let's be honest. If we pick and choose what parts we will obey and what parts we will ignore, aren't we really just being disobedient across the board?"

I don't always like what He has told me to do and it's not always easy for me to follow Him, but I do have a choice. And in my choice to do the best I can with what He has asked of me, given His strength and grace to help me because I am so weak, I can stand firm in the fact that my efforts will be rewarded.

Psalm 27:13
I would have despaired unless I believed I would see the goodness of the Lord. Wait for the Lord. Be strong and let your heart take courage.

I have to admit, my lack of control is frustrating, but when I look at it from the spiritual realm I can relax with the knowledge that I know who is in control. And thank God daily that it is not me!!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Thank you for this lesson and encouragement....and prayers!:)