Friday, February 26, 2010

God always provides

The last week has been difficult. My thoughts have been occupied with many changes and decisions going on, as well as finalizing the paperwork for a divorce I don't want to occur. On top of all that, our household has been under the weather. It was only for a couple of days so I am assuming it was the dreaded 24 hour bug that has been going around. In my morning prayers I asked for strength to be able to get through the day feeling awful while caring for two others who feel awful as well. I picked up my "Letters to My Princess Bride' book and here is what I read...

My Princess Bride,
I want you to celebrate life with Me. There are so many amazing things we have to look forward to, so don't let this world keep you from celebrating who you are and the wonderful things to come, My beloved. The things that seem sorrowful now will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever! So stop for a moment. Do something to celebrate the love relationship we have together. Imagine our great and glorious wedding day, and as you do, let your heart bask in the beauty to come.
Love,
You Prince and Joy

After reading this I knew not only would He get me through the day somehow, but that I need to remember that His plans for me and my future are amazing!! I wanted this year to be one of abundant faith, and the last week I have not had this. This letter was just what I needed to hear to get back on track.

So here is where my Husband surprised me. At about 1:30pm my friend Jenny called to see if I was home because she was coming by to drop something off from her Front Porch. (we call our small groups at church Front Porches) So I told her to come on by! I was blown away when she brought over a basket filled with ALL the necessities for being sick. I felt so loved by my friends!! I also felt taken care of by God. "In sickness and in health" are the words I heard Him whisper to me. What an amazing Man that I am in love with!!


Do you notice something else that is included in the basket??? A purple orchid! I don't know if they knew purple flowers are my favorite, but God does! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats all I will say...

We are on the same wave length again. I just posted a princess bride entry on my blog yesterday!!

Love yall

Brie said...

Oh I love it! I LOVE seeing God's relationship with you and how HE has loved you and taken care of you!