Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He promises to do something

I know I have written before about how when God wants you to know something it's EVERYWHERE!! I do a morning devotional and also read alot while the boys nap in the afternoon. Today someone posted Psalm 9:9 on Facebook so that is where I started. I ended up in Psalm 12 and it went right along with what my morning devotional had said but that was out of Deuteronomy. I feel like others out there need these devotionals as much as I needed to read them on this particular day, so let me share...

Psalm 12:5
But you, Lord, tell them, "I will do something! The poor are mistreated and helpless people moan. I'll rescue all who suffer."

Ever heard anyone say, "We're just waiting on God to do something"? Well, they are waiting on the right person, because God promises to do something. Does your future look bleak? Is the outlook grim? Feeling helpless or mistreated? Do you need to be rescued? Do you need God to do something?
Well, you're at the right place, because through this psalm God promises to rescue the suffering and do something for the helpless and mistreated. The assurance is that when we are at the absolute end of all we can do, God can do more. When you are tired, he will take over. When you begin to stumble, God will pick you up. When you can't possibly see a way through, God breaks in and rescues you. So be encouraged, everyone who's already given up. This is one of God's best things - He can always do something when you can do nothing.


Here is the next one.

Deuteronomy 20:4
For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.

My Brave Bride,
My courageous Princess, allow Me to fight any and all battles this life brings you. I don't want My Bride to exhaust herself fighting in her own strength. The battle you face, My love is already won! Now step behind Me and let your powerful Prince shield you from the attacks of the enemy of your soul. Yes, I am your warrior and protector. As long as you stand behind Me and let Me fight for you, there is nothing that can or will overtake you. It is My pleasure to go to war for My beloved Bride.
Love,
Your Prince and Protector


It couldn't be anymore clear! Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

April S. said...

Thanks for posting this...I SO NEEDED it!!!

Brie said...

It's so good to hear this truth. Our God is a God who saves!!!! Let God arise!