Sunday, April 11, 2010

My passion

I have always had a passion for running. I enjoyed running hurdles in middle school and distance running in high school. Through college I got hooked on teaching aerobics, but then when Daniel and I met we realized we both had a love of running. We started with small races around town and ventured all the way up to a marathon, then switched sports a little and tried triathlons and loved those as well. When Troy came along I never raced again and let Daniel do all the training and racing. I figured I would get back into it eventually. Looking back I am not sure why I let so many years go by without racing and after this weekend, I realize how much I really miss it.

I participated in the Capital 10K in Austin with some friends and it was just like I had never missed the last 3 years. I set a pretty lofty goal for myself and was so surprised to look at my watch and see the finish line and realize that I can meet my goal if I sprint, so I did! The best part was running down the final stretch and hearing the kids yell Go Mommy Go!! My place was 2370 out of 7598 finishers and I was 633 out of 3806 women, so I was faster than 3172 women!! Hey, I'll take what I can get in a race this big!! Here are a few pics!




Troy and Piper standing at the fence cheering on all the runners!!

3 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Awe Brittany, I am so proud of you! I love that picture of the kids, it's so cute!

Nikki McCallum said...

That's awesome, Brittany! I remember seeing you in that lovely red and yellow running around the SGP parking lot when I would be leaving school. I wish I liked running, but I really despise it. Run an extra mile for me okay?!

Brie said...

Way to go Brittany!!!