Thursday, July 01, 2010

A whirlwind

I have gotten alot of comments about where I have been in the blogging world lately. I went from blogging almost daily to maybe once every two weeks, if I can fit it in. The last month has been a whirlwind of activity and emotion.

Back in March I started a new job with a company that contracts with Child Protective Services as a Homemaker Provider. I go into homes where the kids have been removed or are about to be removed and re-teach life skills to the parents. It has been really rewarding and I have seen some crazy things over the last few months. Last week, I increased my work load by double, so although I will love the extra income, I have been a little overwhelmed! Yesterday I saw the worst case yet. There was trash a mile high out front and the stench was just overpowering as I got out of my car, but to my surprise, inside was not any better. There were 4 girls in the home; a 1, 2, and 3 year old and a 9 year old. The 2 year old has cancer, a eye that had to be removed due to the cancer, and was just diagnosed with autism. The other two small girls were pretty much neglected because of the attention the special needs child needed. The house was filthy and I felt so bad for the girls that they had to endure that kind of living situation. I just wanted to take them all home with me to love on them. After my visit with that family, I came home and was served a subpoena to testify in a different case that I have. I was shocked and never thought this job would be so dramatic, but I am really enjoying every minute of it and hope God can use me in each one of these cases.

Also capturing my attention lately is a gentleman. Over the last year I have had to fulfill two different roles in the home. I love my role as a mom and a woman; one of cooking and nurturing and cleaning and loving and serving. I do not love my role as pseudo dad and man; one of changing light bulbs and taking out the trash and fixing things. I have been lost in a world of survival...until now. In the last month God has surprised me with a man that has taken romance to a new level; purple flowers, wine and cheesecake, a surprise car wash, a shirt just perfect for me, drinks overlooking downtown, a gift certificate to the spa, long talks under the stars, time spoiling the kids, country dancing; I could just go on and on about how the last month has brought back a spark within me. I have no idea what God is going to do with this relationship, but I am thankful for this man who sees me for who I am.

4 comments:

Brie said...

Sorry you have to testify. In lubbock, I worked at Buckner and had court a few times but never got called to testify. I would read my admissions paperwork and just be floored at the conditions of some of the homes. I bet you are such a witness if not just to those precious kids.
I'm excited for you that you are being pursued and romanced. I wonder if the purple flowers on Wednesday had some significance.

Anonymous said...

:) It's always nice to be pursued....enjoy the 4th! Give the boys a kiss for me!

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Well, it seems as though God has put you in an interesting position to help families! I pray that He uses you to help people who truly need it.

I am so glad to hear you are having such a great experience in romance! Sounds like a great person to have in your life right now! Enjoy it!

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Well, it seems as though God has put you in an interesting position to help families! I pray that He uses you to help people who truly need it.

I am so glad to hear you are having such a great experience in romance! Sounds like a great person to have in your life right now! Enjoy it!