Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finally

It has been a LONG year and today was a great day. I dropped Troy at school and Teague and I came home and he had a play date with McKinley while Becca and I drank coffee and talked. Then it was lunch and naps and off to cleaning the house and changing sheets and baking a little. As I was doing the house work I thought 'I am so content.' Just having that thought took me off guard because it has been a long time since I have been able to truly say that.

Finally.

I always knew the storm would pass and things would settle down and life would return to some sort of normalcy, and for the first time I can say today feels like that for me. Although I am not a full time stay at home mom, God has blessed me with a job where the hours are flexible. Although Troy is now gone 5 days a week instead of just 2, God has blessed Teague and I with great one on one time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And although I now have to support my household as a working, single mom on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, God has blessed me in feeling so rewarded in helping families less fortunate than mine.

Finally.

It's amazing what the last year involved and looking back I have no idea how I survived. That's not true... of course, it was only through God's help, but it just amazes me. There were so many nights where I laid awake wondering what a year down the road would look like and I knew I would be in a better place. And today I feel like I am there...

Finally!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful story of hope, faith, AND love! Prayers continue for you, sweet friend! Keep looking up! :)

Love ya,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Yay, I have waited a long time to read those words!!!!!! You have no idea :) A year changes everything!

Brie said...

Praise God

Marc and Laura Rose said...

Brit, I was so happy to read this post. Praise God, He is healing your heart and has been SO faithful to bring you through this past year one day at a time. I pray for many new, amazing blessings for you this coming year. Love you.

The Graves Family said...

I love this post. Although after saying "I do" and knowing this is not how God would intend for you to be spending this last year you are in such a great place. We have grieved the past, we have moved on and most importanly we can see God's love and mercy shining through. And HE HAS blessed you. You are being obedient, and through your obedience He's going to give you more joyous years than you can imagine!!