Monday, September 27, 2010

Air Show


Last weekend Chris and I took the kids to the Air Show in town. There were so many fun things to see and the kids really enjoyed all the planes and helicopters and military aircraft. Since Troy's birthday is in a few weeks I decided to take him on his first airplane ride. He was so excited!! When it was finally our turn to go up I think I was more scared than he was! As we taxied out we had to wait a bit and he kept asking "are we up yet, are we up yet?" Once we were in the sky his eyes were so big and just taking it all in. He would look out his window and then my window and then back to his window again. The pilot tipped the plane a few times to show us something or to turn and as I am grabbing the side of the plane to hold on, Troy says, "cool" and when asked what his favorite part was, he will say the tipping. As we landed, he immediately asked if we could go again. I just might have a future pilot on my hands. It was an unforgettable memory that I know I will treasure forever.






No comments: