Monday, October 18, 2010

Party!!

Troy had his birthday party over the weekend. We went and toured the fire station. It was a lot of fun and the firemen made it so special with the hats and goodie bags and letting the kids get in the truck. Troy received a ton of great gifts most of which consisted of Lightning McQueen or Thomas the Train, two of his favorites! It's so hard to believe he is 4, but everyday I realize he is growing up just in the way he talks and thinks. He is very articulate, but sometimes a bit shy. He loves the outdoors and anything to do with bikes or skateboards or scooters and racing them. 4 years ago I was nervous about having a boy and didn't know if I would be able to connect with him, but I realize now that was a silly thought. He is very much like me and in that way alone we are able to connect...and also butt heads, but he is a precious gift and I am so glad to be growing him into who God has created him to be.












And, of course, Teague LOVED the cake!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks way too big :) Seems like I havent seen you guys in forever, miss yall! And of course Teague is eating, that little chunky monkey--love him!Is it beach time yet?!

The Graves Family said...

What a cool looking bike =)

Brie said...

How fun! I love hearing how you are growing to be who God wants. The last part of your post really encouraged me for a certain reason!;)