Saturday, May 07, 2011

Adventure #6






So on Thursday when the boys returned from their weekly visitation Troy had a surprise for me! I was shocked to see that a chunk on his hair was missing from the top of his head. When he saw me he immediately started crying. I told him we would fix it but I wanted to know what happened. All I could get out of him was that he found some scissors and cut his hair.

My initial response inside was so conflicted. On one hand, he is 4 and a lot of kids do find scissors and cut their hair. On the other hand, and this is momma bear talking I know, I am wondering where was the supervision and why were scissors in reach? I also started praising God that it was just his hair and not his finger or ear or even Teague's ear or eye!!

Once I had him calmed down I took him to the only open hair cut place at 7pm and had her "fix" it. Unfortunately, all she could do was cut it to match the shortest part he had cut...which is short!! He cried the whole time saying that he didn't like his hair cut. The beautician kept telling him that she was sorry. When we left she gave him 3 suckers just to make him stop crying! Once we got home and talked more about it, I told him it's a great summer cut and that it will make him run faster on the soccer field! I think he is getting used to it, and once again, I am so thankful that it is just hair!!

1 comment:

The Graves Family said...

It looks awesome!!!! We LOVE shaved heads at our house ;)