Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adventure #12

It's been almost 6 months since I started Adventure #8 and to my surprise God has brought a man into my life that has completely blown my expectations out of the water. To be honest, I never thought I would find someone that could even attempt to come close to the qualities that I look for in a man, much less, find him online...but I was wrong.

Over the last 6 months Richard and I have been getting to know each other and the more I learn about him, the more I am drawn into him. He is a widowed father of 3 who has a passion for youth like no one else I have ever met. He has been in youth ministry for 13+ years and I am amazed at his desire to connect with teens. He is an outstanding dad and his kids are so sweet and respectful. In dating with children, it becomes a little tricky, and scary, as to when is the right time to integrate the kids, but the kids just seemed to get along right from the start. Granted, I haven't let the boys meet hardly anyone I've dated, so I don't have many scenarios to compare it to, but after 4 months of doing most things together with all 7 of us...I am still amazed at how easy it feels.

Also in Adventure #8 I specified the difference in a good man and a Godly man, and to watch Richard live out who God created him to be leaves me humbled. Even though my list is long and very specific for qualities I look for, a part of me thinks I will not find that. And to now have the companionship of a man that exceeds my expectations only brings me back to praising God for how far He has brought me. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know God is in control and, in this moment, I wouldn't change anything.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys! I know I was only with yall for an hour but I am still amazed at how the kids got along so well. Definitely a God thing. I look forward to see what God is going to do with you guys!!