Thursday, August 04, 2011

Headline of my Heart

A few months ago I wrote a blog that talked about the headline of my heart and how as life goes on, that headline changes. Over the last couple of days my heart has been breaking for two different families. They are going through completely different circumstances, but, strangely enough, the emotions I am feeling are the same. And in both situations there is little I can do to change their circumstances, but I am desperately wanting to do something. Which leads me to the only thing I know to do... pray.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to pray with ceasing. I have been consumed in prayer this week for these families. It seems like my mind and heart are constantly thinking of them, so I utter a small prayer, and then 15 minutes later I think of them again and my heart aches and I say another prayer. All day, just consumed to the point where I am having trouble focusing on my own tasks for the day. In Romans and in Galatians it talks about those that are strong bearing the weakness of those who are not and to bear each others burdens. I hope that in my small little prayers upwards that I am somehow living these verses out. Not too long ago, many of you shouldered my own pain and I think I'm getting a glimpse of how you guys must have felt. Powerless!! It's a horrible feeling, but I'm certain there is power in prayer. So I will keep praying every time God brings those names to my mind. Although it feels like I am doing nothing, I know my little prayers throughout the day are being heard, so I am going to just trust God to be who He is and watch Him work.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written. Yes, powerless is the best word to describe how I felt.Its like I would do anything in my power to help but there wasn't anything I could do but pray. Thinking of you tonight! Love you