Monday, April 23, 2012

Mud Quest

This weekend Richard, the kids and I all ran Mud Quest.  It was so much fun and the weather was perfect!  The kids' course was a half a mile and included hurdles, mud pits to crawl through and mud pits to swing over.  They ran heats about every hour, but after they finished they were allowed to run it again if they wanted.  I think the boys ran it 4 or 5 times before they had had enough.  Richard and I did the 3.5 mile run and we also had mud pits to crawl through, which were just as fun for us.  In addition, we had planks to balance across, ladders to scale, tanks to swim/walk through, hills to climb and then slide down, and a good portion of it was just running on uneven terrain.  It was definitely a challenge!  The scenery was nice too!  We were in hay fields and woods most of the time, but once we ended up in a field of wild flowers where Richard picked me a bluebonnet and gave me a big, muddy kiss.  It was so sweet, which was a change from him smearing mud on me and pulling me back into the pits!  :)  It was all so much fun and we decided we want to do another one very soon!!



Koby and Cannon not wanting to get too muddy yet...that didn't last long though.
Kelby getting dirty!
Baylee and Morgan afterwards
We did it!!
There was a fire truck on site to hose us off after we were done.  Surprisingly, the mud came off rather easy and it wasn't as big of a mess as I was thinking it was going to be!






No comments: