Saturday, July 27, 2013

Our Wedding



The wedding was perfect in every way!! We were able to mix our favorite hobby with all our favorite people and it was so special!! We rented a suite at the Ballpark in Arlington and had the ceremony first and then we all enjoyed the game as the reception!  My best friend, Tanna took all these wonderful pictures!!



 We got to the Ballpark a little early so we could get some family shots.  It was a lot of fun trying to find poses for 7 people, but I think they all turned out so good and the kids were great in cooperating almost the whole time!























We had a bat engraved with our names and the date and have everyone sign it, kind of like a guest book. It turned out so wonderful and we are looking forward to displaying it with the rest of our Rangers memorabilia!
 The ceremony was very relaxed and intimate.  Everyone just gathered around us in the suite and our pastor started it all off with a prayer and few verses for us to keep in mind.

I really wanted us to write our own vows so here we are exchanging vows with one another.  Richard's words were so sweet and sincere and I will remember them for the rest of my life!!



Then we exchanged rings.

Pastor Booker said one last prayer...
and we are now husband and wife!!!




After the ceremony, we wanted to get the kids involved so we decided to pour sand showing our unity as a family.  Richard and I went first and then each kid got to choose the color they wanted to pour and pour it into the container.






Pastor Booker poured last, and he poured white sand as God's covering over our family.

The final product was so beautiful and unique, just like each one of us and our family, as a whole!  I will always treasure this container!!

We had little bite size Texas Rangers cakes that were super cute and delicious.



My mom and dad got us the MVP ride as one of our wedding gifts.  It was so neat!!  In the 4th inning they took us in an ATV with Captain, the Rangers mascot, and announced us as newlyweds and put our picture up on the jumbo-tron.  It was so surreal and definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity!!





We were surrounded by lots of friends and family that have laughed, cried, grieved and rejoiced with us over the last four years! We are truly blessed.





My co-workers from Georgetown were able to come and surprised me with "the baby doll".  When we all taught together this baby doll was hidden by Lisa in the classroom where Vikki and I taught, when we would find it, we would hide it back in Lisa's classroom.  We always tried to out-do each other in finding original hiding places and that game lasted all year long!  It was a lot of fun!! So I was very surprised when I opened my gift from them to find the baby doll all dressed in a wedding gown!!  Very creative girls!!  You got me!!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany, Congratulations on your marriage!! I haven't kept up with your blog lately, but Connie sent me the address to show me your pics. I'm so very happy for you after everything that has happened. You are an example of Faith and Trust in The Lord.
Ruth (Connie's sister)