Thursday, January 02, 2014

My 2014 word

I love the new Jonathan Thulin song Architecture, and it was the inspiration for my word this year. As I thought about the words in the song I thought the word architecture was such a peculiar word to put in a song, which lead me to think about the meaning of the word, the art of building and constructing.

So, I jotted down what I imagined our family to look like, the architecture of it.  I had God at the bottom as the foundation, Richard and myself were next, then the kids and then God again on top, with His covering.  But, when I drew it I had one extra level in between Rich and me and the children that I didn't initially have an idea of what went there. As I thought more about it the word legacy came to mind. 


Nichole Nordeman sings a song which states "I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me? Did I choose to love? Did I point to you enough to make a mark on things?  I want to leave an offering, a child of mercy and grace that blessed your name unapologetically and leave that kind of legacy." 

I desperately want to leave something in the children that is pure and eternal and I believe that the legacy Richard and I cultivate within them is a part of our family's architecture. We can not do it without a firm foundation in Christ and also His covering, because I know we will make mistakes, but I want this year to be about establishing a legacy in this new family we've been given. 








No comments: