Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Break

We decided to get away for an action packed 24 hour spring break vacation! We started with a tour of The Ballpark in Arlington.



It was neat to see all the different areas and hear some of the history of the ballpark. That was the first time we had been back since the wedding and all those wonderful memories flooded my mind.  The Ballpark will never just be about baseball for me anymore. 

In the press box, Richard was pretending to be the sports commentator! 

 

Here the kids are at the desk where the players get interviewed.


And here we are in the batting cages.  



After we finished we checked into the hotel and let the kids swim.  They swam for almost two hours and we had to drag them out to go eat dinner and as soon as we got back they went swimming again. It amazes me how a hole in the ground with some water can provide so much entertainment!! 

For dinner we went to Trail Dust! I hadn't been there since I was a kid and couldn't believe they were still open. The kids loved it!! 

I remembered how they would cut off people's ties and that they had a dance floor, but I completely forgot about the huge slide! They couldn't get enough! 

Troy
Kelby

Teague
Baylee even did it in her dress!
None of my pictures of Koby turned out, he was going too fast so they all were a blur. 

With the kids being entertained by the slide we actually had time to enjoy a dessert!!

It was a great night!!

The next morning we were headed to Six  
Flags!!


We had a blast!! We started on the smaller rides.  Teague's very first ride was El Sombrero. 

Then we did the small coaster in Looney Tunes Land. 

Then it was on to the Judge Roy Scream. I was shocked Teague could do it, height wise, and that he was willing, but he was, so we all went!! The reviews were mixed, Troy and Teague and Koby didn't care for it, but Baylee and Kelby liked it. 
Then it was off to the Roaring Rapids.


The three little ones seemed to really enjoy the Yosemite Sam ride. Teague always had to make sure we were all together! 

Troy drove us around on the antique cars. 

Log ride!!

Towards the end of the night, we split and Kelby, Baylee and Richard rode the Pandemonium, which was a bigger coaster, and the rest of us rode the flying Batman planes and the Mine Train again. 


I remembered getting Pink Things at Six  Flags when I was little, but never saw where to buy them.  I mentioned it to Richard earlier in the day that I wanted one and as we were rushing towards the gate at 10pm I looked up and he wasn't with us anymore. In a second or so I saw him jogging over with a Pink Thing!! 
I was so happy! It was the perfect ending to a perfect get away with my crazy, wonderful family!!























No comments: