Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The upcoming school year


The school year has begun for the teachers. We had Convocation yesterday and iSummit today. Lots of new knowledge and fresh energy is making jumping back into school easier. Last year was such a whirlwind since I was hired 2 days before school started, so this year I am attending a lot of things that I didn't last year. The Convocation was wonderful. Mr. Kajutani, CA teacher of the year, spoke to us and had some wonderful thoughts! Our district initiative this year is building a legacy, which I thought was fitting since my One Word this year is legacy. So as I strive to build a legacy at home I will also be trying to do the same in my classroom. The morning ended with the band, cheerleaders and dance team performing for us.


I also was able to decorate my classroom this year, which was so fun! Our school's theme this year is camping so off I went looking on Pinterest and asking friends for any ideas. I hope the kids walk in next week and love the environment.



As I've walked in and out of my room and wiped down tables and chairs I can't help but think of the little bodies that will be sitting in there next week. Moms and dads will bring their child to school, most for the first time, and entrust me to fill a big role as they leave their precious 5 year old and drive away. I've prayed over each table and each chair and hope if nothing else, they leave kindergarten with a love for learning and knowing that their teacher cared for them greatly.  


No comments: