Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A recap on my 2015 Word

12 months ago I wasn't even sure I wanted to do a word for this year, due to the fact that the previous year felt like such a disaster, but a few close friends prompted me and I'm so glad I did!!  My 2015 word was LEGACY, as was my 2014 word! And I really feel like it took all of those 2 years to get to where I am now.  I don't feel like I have finished with this word, but rather gained positive habits and scriptural truth that will continue to grow my legacy as I continue to navigate through all that a blended family brings with it. 

As I looked over the last year in my journal it was neat to see God's heart.  I wrote verse after verse about His promise for me and my legacy and how I can deposit something good in all 5 children and trust Him to give what He gives best, His grace!  I fail often, but knowing He gives me grace has given me freedom in this area. I'm not perfect and He doesn't expect me to be! These scriptures have helped me a ton!
Galatians 6:7 - for whatever a man does, he will reap.
James 5:16b - the power of a righteous person is powerful and effective. 
Matthew 5:6 - blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
Proverbs 22:6 - start children off on the way they should go and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
Proverbs 14:1 - a wise woman builds her house, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.
Proverbs 14:23 - all hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
Proverbs 31:31 - give her the product of her hands and let her works praise her in the gates.

Day after day, for 365 days, I read promise after promise about my works and my heart and my desires. I may fail, but He has made it clear that He will not fail!  That assurance gives me freedom to live life with these 5 treasures He's entrusted to me and know deep down that my legacy is in His hands! 

I think Galatians 5:1 says it best. "it's for freedom that He came to set us free!!" He offers freedom in whatever area you feel captive.  It took 2 years to learn it wasn't about my legacy as much as it was about my freedom! Thank you, God for freedom!

I know many of you shared your 2015 word with me and I'd love to hear your year end recap! And stay tuned for my 2016 word!! 






No comments: