Saturday, December 26, 2015

Hosting Christmas

This year Richard and I hosted Christmas at our house! It was so much fun planning the food and getting to use all my dishes I have but never use. We woke up early to opening stockings.


Once my family got there, we started with breakfast and let the kids sort the presents.  I love these candy cane shaped coffee cakes! They are so delicious so this was a must have!

There were a ton of gifts and many that hinged on our big surprise, the cruise!  I made this puzzle and gave each kid 4 pieces and then they had to put it together. They did well working together and figured it out!

We have been planning this since last May and it's been hard to keep the secret for so long. Also, my whole family and Richard's parents are joining us so the fact that a lot of people knew was also a factor in trying to keep it a secret, but we succeeded!! The kids seemed so surprised!! And so I had to get them new swim suits to wear!

They also got Rangers towels, spending money and activities to do on the car ride to New Orleans. 
Then after gifts we had a light lunch and were able to enjoy the beautiful weather! The kids jumped on the trampoline, played yard yatzhee and popped fireworks.


Once it got dark, it was time for dinner. Richard's parents came over, too.  Thankfully, everyone brought something so there wasn't too much to prepare on my end!  Before dinner, Koby read the Christmas story, Richard prayed and we ate. It was a day packed with fun and family and lots of memories!



No comments: