Thursday, January 28, 2016

Closing the fast

As I sit here this morning enjoying my cup of coffee so much more than I usually do, I am reflecting on how much I take for granted; not necessarily the big things but the little things; like simply a hot cup of coffee. Every year, as I deny myself food for a short period of time my Spirit is heightened. I'm able to step out of the chaos and focus only on Him and every year is so good!!

For the last night of the fast we all got back together at the church to worship and take communion. As I walked in, they had lined an aisle with candles and had rose petals sprinkled down it which all led to a lit archway. It took my breath away.  This was a perfect picture for us as the Bride of Christ. But we were all in for a treat!! Earlier yesterday a couple who had been engaged and living together for quite some time came to our pastor and said that God told them it was time to make right what they were doing and to get married that night and if all possible they wanted our pastor to do the ceremony.  So within a few hours they whipped up some decorations, a few flowers, punch and cake!  It was amazing and simple and sweet and a surprise to both of them!!  


As we worshiped and took the Lord's Supper and heard them say their vows I kept thinking what a gift God gave all of us last night! We got to see in the physical what will take place in the spiritual when Jesus returns for His Bride!  

Since 2009, when my world turned upside down, and I found myself a single mom, I also found Jesus as my Husband. It was such a sweet time, a hard time, but also so sweet, with just me and Him and falling in love with Him in a new way as He took care of me and the boys. This fast has reminded me over and over that even though my life is more stable now He still desires that intimate relationship with me and I have thoroughly enjoyed reconnecting with my one true Love!

No comments: