Monday, January 25, 2016

It's that time again...

Corporate fasting! Our church is so good at challenging me to get out of my comfort zone. We have started a new series called 'back to the roots' and it looks at the three principles that keep us devoted to the Lord; prayer, giving and fasting.  So, last night we began a three day fast and 24/7 prayer at  the church. We do something like this every year and every year I am amazed at how much thought and preparation goes into it all. Each night the church will have corporate worship from 6-8 in our warehouse, which is usually filled with storage boxes and food for our food pantry, but last night, as we walked in, it was all transformed.  We walked in through a transparent sheet and the band was quietly playing and singing.
There were tables with paper and pencils and markers and crayons if you felt led to write or draw.
There was a whole wall people were writing prayer requests on.
Several tables were set up where you could read scripture.
And a place for communion.
There were chairs and couches set up along with pillows and rugs up around the stage so we could sit or kneel. They truly did think of everything and I love that worship is not only sitting or standing and singing, but can be expressed in so many different ways, and there is freedom to do that here.

Fasting is never easy, but I know it's a spiritual discipline that makes me more like Him and I'm excited to see what He shows me during this time.






No comments: