Friday, June 24, 2016

Circle Maker

I'm currently reading a book called The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.  I highly recommend it and have loved every chapter. And, in God fashion, He knew I'd be reading it at this exact moment in my life.  

The book is about circling those promises God has given for your life in prayer, both figuratively and literally. Just as they did in Jericho when they circled, they knew what God had said, they obeyed what He said to do, even though it sounded a bit crazy, and the walls came down!  So, as I'm reading this book I have begun writing down those areas I want to circle in prayer and God showed me how I have been doing this for awhile and He is answering one of my prayer circles THIS WEEKEND! 

You see, 7 years ago when my life took a detour off the projected path I had planned, I began praying for a step mom for the boys that was of the Lord. I know many of you joined with me in those prayers, and we can all rejoice as this weekend the boys will gain a step mom who seeks the Lord and shows His love to all those she encounters. 

As God brought this to my mind in the midst of reading this book He wanted me to know He is faithful. The timeline may be a little longer that what we might want or the path we walk may be a bit bumpier than we thought, but He is always faithful! As I circle new things in prayer I have a great assurance and testimony to stand on when the months turn into years and I think prayer isn't working...it is...because He is faithful! 

I wrote Emily a note to express some of my thoughts to her as she becomes a part of our crazy big blended family and to my surprise she had a letter for me as well.  

I know we are just scratching the surface of what God is going to do in the years to come and it's so exciting.  I love how it all points to Him; His timing, His love, His faithfulness. May He get all the glory!

No comments: