Wednesday, December 14, 2016

14

Does anyone else have "a number?" Like your favorite number or that number that just is a constant in your life? Mine is 14. It started out as 'our number'...my ex-husband and I's, but God has been showing me how it was never meant to be my number with anyone else but Him! 

In the months after the divorce I would receive money or books in the mail from others praying for me and it would arrive on the 14th or letters would come that were written on the 14th and most recently, He gave me my dream home in 2014.  He has slowly and faithfully been showing me 14 is our number!

This week I am in San Antonio for a staff retreat with our church and being here at this time, in this hotel is no accident or coincidence.  God had something special for me! Today, December 14th, marks 14 years from the day my ex-husband proposed to me at Marriage Island on the River Walk in San Antonio.  I knew He wanted me to go back to that spot today.  So off I went and it was less than a 3 minute walk from our hotel! As I was walking I kept seeing purple flowers after purple flowers after purple flowers! It was so beautiful!






When I got to Marriage Island I just sat and listened; to the nature around me, to music and to Him. It was such a special moment.  In the stillness I was reminded how faithful He is, even when we are not faithful to Him, He is still faithful to us! 

There was a sculpture and underneath was this plaque. I love that the sculpture and place historically represents a "place of restful waters."  It sure was a place of rest for me today!
I love how He is always able to take our mess and junk and brokenness and turn them into something beautiful. 


No comments: