Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Word Wrap-Up


Another year has flown by and it's time to reflect and move forward as January 1st is right around the corner.  The first of the year always brings the excitement of new beginnings, fresh starts, and the anticipation of what is yet to be.  As I've looked back over the all the years in which I have chosen a word I've noticed that it truly does keep me focused and pressing towards the things God wants.  2016 was the word LEAD.  I wanted to be a better leader in my my home, at church, and at my job.  I looked for opportunities that would force me to lead and I jumped at them.  The first being to take the challenge of reading the One Year Bible this year.  My church is full of amazing women of God and I knew I wanted to be among them so I found out what they were doing and joined in, and one thing they do is read the One Year daily.  It's such a great way to get the Word daily and routinely.  After 365 days, it's pretty much become a habit and has made me better in so many ways.  I have always read the Bible daily, you know, a verse here a chapter there, but this year I get to end the year saying I've read the whole Bible, every word of it!  To be a follower of Jesus it's so important to know His Word. I'm looking forward to continuing this reading throughout this next year so the words and stories and promises can continue to soak in.


Last January, I also prayed to have an intern join me in the classroom.  I knew it was a long shot because they only look at teachers who have been in the field for over 3 years.  Plus, I missed the training class over the summer due to Youth Camp.  So, I was prepared to have to wait another year, but I continued to pray about this opportunity.  When I turned back to school last January there was paperwork in my box for an intern.  I was shocked and confused! I went and talked to the Assistant Principal just to make sure there hadn't been a mistake.   Sure enough, everything was good to go and I got my first intern!! 
And with the start of the 2016-2017 school year last Fall, I got my second intern! I have been so blessed with young ladies who have a passion for teaching and an internal motivation to do their best.  You never know what you will get with a randomly placed intern, but God has been so gracious and given me great girls to work alongside.  

2016 has been a great year with lots of learning and stretching and I'm proud of the progress I've made.  A year almost doesn't seem long enough for some words, but 2017 is coming, like it or not, and He has already set my sights on the new task at hand.


No comments: