Sunday, February 12, 2017

Extraordinary

A month into my 2017 word and I feel like I am being more intentional this year than any other year prior.  In this word, I wanted God to move through me in extraordinary ways and to see His effect on others' lives.  In January, my brother was been given some tough dicisions to make and I have felt God say specifically for me to pray and keep praying.  And not just pray like I normally pray, but intercessory prayer.  One definition says...

"Intercession is prayer that pleads with God for your needs and the needs of others. But it is also much more than that. Intercession involves taking hold of God's will and refusing to let go until His will comes to pass.
Intercession is warfare -- the key to God's battle plan for our lives. But the battleground is not of this earth. The Bible says, "We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and spiritual powers in the heavens above" (Eph. 6:12).  Intercessory prayer takes place in this spiritual world where the battles for our own lives, our families, our friends and our nation are won or lost."
I can truly attest to this being a battleground.  As I have started to pray for my brother in this way things within my personal life have become very tumultuous.  At first, I shifted my focus back onto me and began to pray for those areas to quiet down, but as I did this, I was reminded what God had asked of me and that was to pray hard for Blake. I soon realized that all the drama arising around me was only a distraction.  So do I choose to let it draw me away from what I was told to do or do I choose to overlook it.  I chose to take the spiritual perspective.  I know that if stay faithful to Him and obey what He's called me to do then God will take care of the attacks coming against me.  It reminds me of the song taken from Isaiah 54:17 that says " no weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't win."  What a sweet place to be! 

No comments: