Saturday, March 04, 2017

Extraordinary

The only word I have for this past week is surreal. Last Friday my principal, along with several of my friends and colleagues walked in my classroom with flowers and a gift card and announced I was a nominee for Teacher of the Year at our campus. What a wonderful feeling that was!


Last year my one word for the year was Lead and as the school year ended I felt good about where I was professionally and where I wanted this new school year to go. Unfortunately, this year has been my toughest year in teaching. There are a handful of reasons why but it has caused me to reevaluate a lot of things in my classroom. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it has been a stressful task for me.  So, all week I have spent time writing essays, interveiwing with a committee and reflecting over my teaching career and it has been so good. To look at things with the big picture in mind rather than getting caught up in the day to day details has been refreshing.  I have received so many encouraging notes and emails and the kindest words spoken to me and it's all been so sweet and affirming.  I did not win our campus's Teacher of the Year but to have even been considered was an honor. The Lord knew I needed to go on this journey with Him this year and it was so rewarding!

No comments: