Sunday, January 06, 2019

2019 Word

This year’s word has been a little bit more vague than years past. I really didn’t hear anything until about 5 days out from January 1st and what I heard didn’t really make sense; the word was enlarge. I knew I was going to be fasting from January 1-3 in preparation for a women’s retreat I was attending, so I decided to hold off on posting anything about my word until after that so I could make sure I heard correctly. Over those three days I saw the word ‘enlarge’ in my daily readings every day. What an obscure word to read in different books 3 days in a row...if that’s not clear I don’t know what is?!?  So, I had my word, but still very unclear on what to do with it. Last year my word was very tangible and measurable, but not this word. So, again, I decided to go on to the retreat with that word tucked in my heart in hopes that I could get further clarity.

























To my surprise many of the women at the retreat also do a word for the year so I was asked multiple times what my word was. During some down time I looked it up in the dictionary and jotted down the different meanings to get my brain working. My initial thoughts were so scattered: enlarge our ministry; enlarge my sphere of influence; enlarge my faith. As I told my friend Audra of my word she said she immediately heard that the Lord wants to enlarge in me. So, although I am not as clear on this word as I would like to be, it’s going to be exciting to see all the different directions the Lord could go with this word.



1 comment:

Winona said...

"Enlarge" is a word with so many possibilities. Embrace it and see where God takes you!