Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Memorial Day weekend

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the lake with my sister.  She was kind enough to open up her home for the whole weekend to all of us!  My mom and Sonja and Alicia all joined us on Sunday. Amber's boyfriend, Zach lives right around the corner, so he and his boys joined us also and let us use some of their lake toys, which the boys' loved!  It was a weekend packed full, but also still relaxing!



Zach took us out on his boat one afternoon to a small cove where we had a picnic lunch and played 
ball in the water and just hung out!  The ride was about an hour and we were able to see a lot of the lake and the beautiful houses that are all around it. 


Between everyone there we had a mix of 5 dogs.  You had to be careful when eating because they would love to take it right out of your hands!
We had the jet ski and the kayaks and the slip mat and fishing poles and the paddle board...there was definitely plenty to do!  And most of the time I just floated and read my book and that was fine with me!  Sometimes the best time to be had is by not doing anything at all!  The sun and the water are my happy place and I feel most rejuvenated after spending time at the lake or the beach.  Now to buckle down and finish this last week of school strong! Summer is so close and I look forward to many more weekends just like this one!
















No comments: