Thursday, July 18, 2019

Snickers

My sweet Snickers! 

Over the last few weeks and especially the last few days I have noticed her acting strange. She would meow/cry at night and she would be right under our feet at all times. Over the last few days she has been in an aggressive stance towards our dog and also pacing constantly like she doesn’t know what to do or where to go. This morning she could barely keep her balance and after holding her for about an hour she could barely open her eyes. I took her to the vet this morning and they ran blood work and it all came back normal so their next diagnosis was neurological.  It could be a tumor or something compressing nerves in her brain confusing her and making it difficult to walk and stand or even a type of dementia. Due to her age and her frail state they did not recommend pursuing those options and in just the few hours I was at the vet she was still declining so I decided to say good bye so she could rest without pain or confusion. 

We were together 16 years; before husbands and kids, through moving from Lubbock to Georgetown to Waco and too many houses to count. She was a wonderful companion and had the sweetest temperament.  It’s hard to say goodbye to the one who’s been through it all with me! She will be missed greatly and I pray she felt loved all the days of her life.





No comments: