Sunday, April 05, 2020

Coronavirus week #3

This week has been hard because the weather has been rainy and cloudy and cold for most of the week. On Monday, I delivered a goodie bag and a note to each of my students to let them know I’m thinking of them and cheering them on with their home learning. We also learned this week that we will not be going back to school until at least May 4th, so that news was hard to hear.

















We did see a little sun on Teague’s birthday so that helped the yard sign and the birthday parade happen perfectly!  Other than that we have been trying to get to the track when we can or working out downstairs when we can’t. We have played a few games of Family Feud, which Teague got for his birthday and watched more of the game show network.





















Our field has a ton of bluebonnets and Troy found a “whitebonnet”. After some research, we found out it’s an albino bluebonnet. It said they don’t usually return from year to year because it would have to pollinated by another albino bluebonnet, which is pretty rare. So much spiritual implication in all of it!!  I love that in a sea of blue it stands out...In this time of fear and chaos, I pray my foundation in Him makes me stand out for others to see. I also thought about how this one albino bluebonnet may never be here again, like this state of quarantine...we may never experience this again in our lifetime. Are we enjoying it, savoring it, learning from it?!?  The years will continue to go on and we will come out of this, but I want this time to mark me and my family. I want Him to change us for the better in the midst of it. This moment in time will be gone quickly, but remembered forever.





No comments: