Sunday, January 10, 2021

2021 Word of the Year

 

















This year I heard the word Breakthrough. This seems a little difficult to ”do” so I’m not real sure what to make of this word. I looked it up in the dictionary and this definition struck me...

Breakthrough: warfare; an offensive military assault that penetrates and carries beyond a defensive line; an act of moving through or beyond an obstacle. 

I know there are many area in my life where I would say I’m still waiting for things. So perhaps this is the year one or multiple of those things comes to pass? My friend also heard the word fulfillment, which would also be along those same lines. I do know that the areas I continually lift up to the Lord have been struggles and have not come easy, so I think that is why the warfare definition stuck with me. 


As I look back over a decade full of words I can see growth and increased intensity and intimacy. Perhaps 2021 will be a culmination of all my words into something huge?!? I can’t wait to find out! 


No comments: