Sunday, January 23, 2022

Mother/Son Retreat

Teague and I were finally able to attend our mother/Son retreat weekend. My initial plan was to take the boys the summer after they left elementary school, right before they entered into junior high. Troy’s year worked out wonderful. Teague’s Year was 2020…so with Covid nothing was open and hasn’t been for awhile. Teague isn’t into all the hanging out and taking business so I was just going to let it go, but last summer he asked why he and I never went on a retreat like I did with Troy. The fact that he even asked that question made me realize I had to book us a weekend!!

Although the weekend was one of the coldest, we had a great time!! It was such a sweet weekend with my mighty man of God. Teague is so different from me, yet everything I wished I was! He is outgoing and outspoken and a gatherer of people. By the time I had set up my bunk and came back outside on Friday night he had already made friends and started a football game! We played a ton of games; football, mini golf, ping pong, basketball, and wiffle ball . We also had great discussion time and Bible study. My favorite activity was the pizza…Each team was given a plain pizza crust and we had to complete a task to get our ingredients. Then we had to create a yummy, creative and visually appealing pizza. Ours won first place!! It was awesome!

As a fellow brother in Christ I see that the broken and marginalized are drawn to Teague and at first that worried me because it’s harder to pull others up and easier to be pulled down yourself. But as I have watched Teague, his heart for justice holds a high standard that has surprised and impressed me. I pray the Lord continues to use Teague and his unique gifts to grow the Kingdom! 





















No comments: