Friday, April 03, 2009

Home Sweet Home



We made it home from the hospital at about 3pm on Thursday. It was so nice to get home and start using all of our own stuff and getting Teague familiar with his surroundings. Our final night at the hospital was also very bad. Teague is a great sleeper compared to Troy but unfortunately our night nurse must not have wanted us to sleep. She came in every time we got him settled down to take his temperature which woke him again and told us we needed to be feeding him. I fed him every hour for 9 hours and thought I was going to die. She was so worried he was going to lose too much weight that she came in hourly to remind us to feed him if I wasn't when she walked in. By 7am I was ready to see her go and get home so I could do what I wanted to do with Teague. Our first night home was great! He woke every 3 hours to eat and went back to sleep very quickly! I am glad things seem to be easier with Teague than with Troy, but maybe Daniel and I have a little more experience and we aren't so nervous about everything. We are so glad to have Teague added to our family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad y'all are home and can be your own bosses! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I have been wondering how he is sleeping. That is exactly what Brylee did...eat then sleep. It makes it so much easier than fighting it. Hopefully it continues!! Love the new header too....family of 4!! Wow!

Tara said...

brit, you look wonderful! welcome home, sweet baby teague! prayers for good rest for everyone in the coming days!

Brie said...

Glad you are home. What a nurse!! I think feeding every hour actually decreases how much he gets each time, crazy! Good luck with the tranistion!