Thursday, October 01, 2009

You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice

Over the last three months God has really been working on me in alot of different areas. Although my blog tends to be the happy, fun events in my life, this post will be different, and I hope God will get the glory from my honesty.

In James it says that you learn to endure when you have your faith tested. And for those that don't give up, He will reward them with a glorious life. Daniel and I are currently having our faith tested and our family is in need of prayer. During this time I am seeking God like I have never done before and growing and maturing in a way that I hope is pleasing my Lord, but it still isn't easy, and He never said it would be. He only said He would be there through it all. So daily I am asking for His strength and His joy, and the following verse has really helped me with that.
Psalm 27:13 "I would have despaired unless I believed I would see the goodness of the Lord. Wait for the Lord. Be strong and let you heart take courage." I know we will see God's goodness and faithfulness in this situation and I am excited to see how He will work in our lives.

Tanna came down to visit this week and told me of an idea she had from a lady in her small group. Of course, we had to copy the idea and I love that we did. It basically is a box that you put prayer requests or things that you worry about inside. All the things that are out of your control and you need to let go of. It reminds me of Phillipians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel."
So here we are creating our boxes

And the finished product

It says "I can't, but He can!"
As I drop this particular prayer request with our family and many more requests for others going through difficult times, I know I am physically letting go of any control I think I have over the situation and letting God work in the way that only He can. My hope comes only from God and He has always been faithful and will continue to be faithful. Thank you for your prayers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you more than you will ever know. You have no idea how much respect I have for you, and how much I have learned from you the past three months. God has really used you to bless me. I had a wonderful time visiting, I need to do it again! I love your boys so much and I always will.

Brie said...

Thank you for your honesty. It brings me to joy to see how something Satan intended for evil and destruction, God is using for good. I know this is so very hard. I'm praying. I love the box ideas too and yours looks so nice!!:)