Sunday, November 29, 2009

In the spirit

Troy and Teague spent the afternoon with Daniel so I took that opportunity to decorate the house for Christmas. I have always decorated the house for each season and especially for Christmas, but we have never had a tree. So this year, I figure Troy is now at the age that he will start remembering Christmas and I want to make it as special for him as my parents made it for me. So, tonight, after I put Teague to bed Troy and I decorated the tree. It was fun putting on all the ornaments and him thinking each one was so neat and ever better if it had glitter on it! I am really going to concentrate on the meaning of Christmas this year with him. Oh, we will do Santa and that whole bit but I also want him to know what Christmas really is all about. I am also starting a new Arlitt Family Tradition this year, I stole this idea from a friend in Lubbock, but when he told me about his family doing it each year it made me rememeber it so I could do it for my kids one day. As Christmas gets a little closer, each night I will explain one part of the nativity scene, whether is be the wise men or Mary or Joseph, until on Christmas we will talk about Jesus! I love thinking we have a little family time with cider or hot chocolate and to sit down to talk about the things that truly matter in this life! Although this first year will probably be a quick talk, since Troy can't sit still for any length of time, I think it will be neat to start and then one day the boys can tell me what each part of the nativity means!
Here are the boys stockings!

Troy putting on an ornament.

All decorated!! Chip managed to get himself into the bottom of this picture!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty tree!!! I had fun putting up ours, even though ours is small. Yours looks nice and fluffy!!!

Brie said...

How neat! What great traditions!!!:)