Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful: Day 5

For my last thankful post, I want to praise God for this season in my life.

John 16:21-22
"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born in to the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy."

This is definitely a tough season but let me share with you what makes it worth it:

*I feel God's presence daily, as if he had skin on and were hanging out with me
*The lessons I am learning will affect the rest of my life, which is exciting to me!
*Troy and Teague will have a better mom
*Being able to help others (I am starting to feel God leading me into a ministry from this experience)
*I am a better wife
*I am learning how to live day by day trusting God fully...this is the hardest I think!
*Almost everyday I am witnessing a miracle, now granted you might not think it was a miracle, but to me it's God loving on me and showing me He is in control.

Those are just a few of the many great things happening in my life through this season. To be honest, the closeness I feel with God makes me nervous for this season to end, as it feels like I would be cheating on Him...weird I know, but maybe someone out there can relate?!?

Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

If you look at Matthew 1 and Jesus' genealogy you might think that the sin of adultery between David and Bathsheba was part of the divine plan all along. I seriously doubt this was the case, as David's sin of adultery and the cover-up of the murder of Uriah must have grieved God terribly, but I think it goes back to the verse in Romans; God makes it all work for good for those that will submit and soften thier heart to Him. It doesn't exactly tell you what good, which frustrates me a little, as I am a planner, but I can rest in the truth that it will be good! I know I have said it before, but I am anxious to see how God brings me out of this storm and once again shows His faithfulness.

2 comments:

Brie said...

I love this post. You could have chosen to run from God or embrace what your flesh wanted but you have chosen to rest in God!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a changed woman! I love this entry!