Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful: Day 3

Today I am thankful for God's timing. I can remember lots of times in my life when the timing of the events that happened were perfect. I might not have thought so in the moment of waiting, but looking back the timing was His timing so it was perfect.

Taking a trip down memory lane, I can remember when I didn't make cheerleader from junior high to high school and thought I was going to die. I remember clear as day Jenna telling me that God had a plan and it would work out. I ended up getting into cross country and found my passion for running and exercise and tried again for cheerleader a few years later and again got to participate in that passion. In college, I could not get my grade up to a B in chemistry and my plan to be a Physical Therapist changed real quick once I saw all the chemistry in that degree. I switched to Exercise and Sport Science (which I had never heard of) and loved it! My first job introduced me to some great Godly women in Lubbock through that degree and lastly I went to a Exercise Conference for a certification and that is where I met Daniel. I firmly believe that God did have a plan way back when in junior high but I couldn't see it fully.

Now, in the midst of trial and pain I can look back to that small (huge to me then) set back and see where God took me. I see His faithfulness. So, I am extremely thankful for His timing in my life and also for His timing through my friends and family. Through this season in my life I have to honestly say that there have definitely been days where I am ready to throw in the towel and move on with what I want for me and my life. But strategically, a friend or family member would call, recommend a book, send a CD, email a verse, or just point me to someone else's blog at precisely the right moment and I would again gain new perspective and strength.
1 Peter 1:13 "Gird up the loins of your mind"
God knew exactly what I needed to hear or read at the perfect moment so that mentally I could continue through this season. I am so thankful that God is using each of you to minister to me and most of you probably don't even know it! I can see how divorce runs rampant in this world as my first instinct was to run, but through the days and weeks that have passed, His Word has penetrated my heart and I see things differently now, more clearly. I made a commitment to God and to Daniel and I will honor that, even in the worst of times.

Proverb 4:25-27
"Let your eyes look directly ahead, and let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you. Watch the path of your feet, and all your ways will be established. Do not turn to the right nor the the left; turn your foot from evil"

If I had been told this situation would be presented to me I would have told you I would be ruined, but with His strength I am growing and learning and changing everyday. And by walking in His truth and biblical principles, somehow the task at hand seems conquerable. Even as I was preparing this post, Tanna told me of a song that is just for me, and she was right. I had to put it on the blog to share with you all.

I am anxious for the day when I can, again, write about the path He took me on and how His timing is perfect if we are willing to believe that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In tears once again as I read and listen to the words of that song. I am constantly amazed at what God can do when we are obedient. I admire the fact that you can stay true to your vows even in the darkest valley. I am not sure I could ever be that strong. I continue to pray for you, for Daniel, and others involved. My heart is what is best for the boys and it always will be. I look forward to seeing how God will use this because I am confident that He will. Happy Thanksgiving!

Brie said...

Your blog is such an encouragement in that you are choosing God's way and not your own. I can read your genuiness...your faith can not be pretend, it is real. Thank you for sharing. Praying for you!

The Bishop said...

HEY! Glad you found the blog. We miss you, too. If you need anything, we're here for you!
Pace Bene!

Amber Pippen said...

I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Brit! You are a wonderful woman of God and you are much loved!!
Rachel