Saturday, December 19, 2009

On the sixth day of Christmas...

My True Love gave to me...

too much!

Is it my birthday or something?? The gifts have just showered down from above today. Let me share a few with you...

The day started with a Happy Birthday Jesus party for the boys. It was alot of fun with cake and crafts. I was given a card that was left in the offering plate last night at Communion. Along with all the sweet words, there was money. I am again amazed at how He takes care of me. Upon returning home, I find a book in my mailbox called His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince. To be courted by the One that invented love is out of this world.

As I said above, I am amazed at how He provides for me, but then I question myself on why I am amazed? Did he not give the ultimate example of how a husband is to treat his wife by dying on the cross for us? His Word lays out what a husband is supposed to do for his wife and two huge things are provide and love her unconditionally. So why am I so surprised that He is providing and loving me perfectly? My only answer is that for too long I expected a human being to fill that role. When he actually got it right, I was surprised and my trust grew that he would continue to love and provide. And slowly my eyes were diverted from the only One that could actually pull that off day in and day out. I should not be surprised, I should, as the verse says, wake every morning and bring my requests to Him, and wait expectantly. He will not fail me.

A few Christmas pics...
Aby and Troy at our Silent Communion

Teague and Santa...Troy was too scared to even get close.

Happy Birthday Jesus Party

2 comments:

Brie said...

Wow Brittany!!! Thank you for sharing the part about expecting a human to fully love and provide for us and that taking our focus off of God fulfilling that role!!!! I need to shift my focus and you have helped me to see that, thank you!!!! I've done well to realize that God is the only one who will truly love me but I just realized sometimes I expect the human in to provide and protect me.

Anonymous said...

Our sermon today was about how we look to our spouse to "make us happy" and that is why we are never truly satisfied. What a great lesson for me to finally learn!