Saturday, December 05, 2009

A perfect winter day

It was a cold day today with predictions of snow so I thought we better make the most of it since that is very rare! We started at the library for story time and crafts. Then we came home to enjoy a fire and lunch. During lunch, there was a down pour of snow...too bad it only lasted 5 minutes, but we managed to grab our coats and get outside for a picture and for Troy and Eilonwy to eat a few snowflakes. Then, Aby and McKinley came over to help us decorate gingerbread cookies. I think they ate more candy before it even got on their cookies, but it was alot of fun. I think that is my most favorite part of having kids, getting to watch them enjoy the little things with such excitement and getting to spoil them rotten with the things that really matter in this life.

Working hard

The finished products

2 comments:

Brie said...

What sweet memories you are giving your boys! I once heard that memories are like glue that holds yor family together. How wondeful thst this is what Troy has from this season, you could be choosing to do nothing but cry all day.

Brittany said...

You are right, Brie. That is exactly what the enemy would want me to do, but thanks to God He has given me not only strength but also a clear vision for the future!