Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

I am sure it doesn't surprise anyone that I am glad to see 2009 in the past. I think Teague would be the only good thing that 2009 produced for me. Although the personal transformation I have encountered is something I would never trade in, the series of events that lead to that transformation are ones I would have never chosen. Good thing God is in charge!!

As I think back over 2009 many of my actions were driven by fear; fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of loss. Ultimately, the root of my fear was a lack of faith. I think I can say I have had some sort of faith pretty much my whole life. I can think back and see jumps in my faith, like when I started working with the youth at the Heights before we moved, and then when we made the move to be closer to family in blind faith that God wanted us here and would work out the details...and He did. Each jump strengthen my faith, but I would say it was still a small faith and I was still operating out of fear. In John it is written, "perfect love casts out fear." My fear was hindering me from experiencing God's perfect love for me, but not anymore.

A few weeks back in church we talked about two different mindsets toward God and money, scarcity and abundance. Scarcity being 'I've been given this much and I must be careful with it,' and the opposite is abundance; 'This is all God's and I will give it away how He leads me to, expecting Him to take care of me.' I think this mentality can be used in life in general though, not just with money. For 30 years I have had the scarcity mentality using caution and commonsense and fear in place of God's spoken Word to me and that has resulted in a small faith in the God of this universe. So 2010 will be the beginning of daily changing that habit of thinking small when it comes to God. This will be the start of an abundance mentality, and not of material things, but to see every situation as God sees it and not the world.

As I opened my devotional this morning to visit with God, I was assured that my abundance mentality is exactly what He is asking of me! Let me share what I read...

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

My Beloved Bride,
I know your heart longs to dream. Don't lose sight of your hope, My beloved; I placed that passion inside you to do something great while you are reigning here on earth. I want to be the one to lift you up in My appointed time. If you are willing to wait on Me, I will take you to a place where dreams come true. Let Me be the one who gives you your wings, My Bride. I alone can lift you higher than you could ever fly on your own. You will see the world from a whole new point of view when you soar with Me.
Love,
Your Prince who lifts you up


This year I will soar with Him!

2 comments:

Brie said...

I definitely have the scaricity mentality too. The abundance mentality is scary, because I have to let go! I sooo need the abudance mentality too! God is so much more trustworthy than what I can control!

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious....God is SERIOUSLY in the midst of MANY situations right now. I cant even stop smiling because I see Him SO big in the ones I love most. That's all I can say. Great devotionals. I may have to go buy that book for myself now!