Saturday, February 06, 2010

Addendum

After thinking about my last post I had an addendum to my thoughts. My last line said that God waits, just as I do. This is untrue.

God pursues.

I am reading a book by Max Lucado called 'A Gentle Thunder' and God showed me He is not idle in my situation, even though I feel like I am. Here is what Lucado writes,
"God will whisper. He will shout. He will touch and tug. He will take away our burdens; He'll even take away our blessings. If there are a thousand steps between us and Him, He will take all but one. But He will leave the final one for us. The choice is ours. Please understand, His goal is not to make you happy, but to make you His.
Consider these verses in John 1:38-43
Jesus turned...
Jesus asked...
Jesus answered...
Jesus looked...
Jesus decided...
Jesus found...
It's clear who does all the work. He may use a sermon or a conversation or a song, but it is He who calls us."

Wow, a God that runs after us all the time, even when we turn from Him over and over and over. His love for us is so great and I am so thankful that He doesn't sit and wait, but rather uses whatever means necessary to get our attention and bring us back to Him.

1 comment:

Brie said...

Thank you for sharing this. Lucado writes in suck an easy way for me to "get it". I just read Fearless and really recommend it too.