Friday, March 26, 2010

My devotional

I wanted to share my devotional from today.

"Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself. Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live: all day, every day. I created you to stay conscious of Me as you go about your daily duties.

I have promised many blessing to those who wait on Me: renewed strength, living above one's circumstances, resurgence of hope, awareness of My continual Presence. Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will. It also helps you to enjoy Me; in My Presencce is fullness of joy"

I love the very first line the most. Here is the definition of anticipate: to expect; look forward to; be sure of. If my future was not bright, God would not tell me look forward to it. That is exciting to me! Today I will strive to do less planning and evaluating and do more trusting and thanking God that He is SO big and SO good!

1 comment:

Brie said...

Wow! I'm so glad you shared this