Friday, April 02, 2010

Finding God

It's Good Friday and I am flooded with so many emotions. How could God become man? How did He walk through this world and experience the same emotions as us and still not sin? How did He know His purpose was to face the cross and still have a compassionate attitude towards us day in and day out?

I think about my own life and, obviously, things are less than par right now and I have to deliberately make an effort to keep my eyes on Jesus to keep my attitude straight. Somedays it is easy, other days it is hard and I find myself mad at the world all because of my circumstances. Jesus could have easily done the same thing. He had all the reason in the world to simply say, "Please leave me alone today, I am going to die on a cross soon and I am just not in a good mood." But no, instead He sat down at the table with His best friends, and a traitor, and told them how much He had looked forward to eating this meal with them. So, I will follow His example, even when I don't feel like it.


Here is a picture of my front flower bed (weed bed, really) When I moved in, the yard crew had it mowed down to the ground. As it is starting to warm up, there is a little growth starting to come back.




This morning as I walked outside I saw something that caught my eye and heart. You can't tell in this picture, but this single flower is purple. It made me smile; God made me smile, even through it all His still brings joy to my life.





I hope on this Good Friday, you can find God in the midst of your world, too! Your life will never be the same!

2 comments:

Brie said...

What a beautiful gift from Him! Your favorite right? I've been studying John 17 in bible study and it was right before his death and He was praying for US!! Our leader asked us how we would spend our last day before we died.

Tara said...

You are an inspiration, Brittany. Love you and those precious boys so much.