Sunday, April 04, 2010

We know the end

I read a friend's blog the other day and I thought he made a great point. If you want to click and read the whole thing you can, otherwise, here is the overview. He stated that the reason Easter is a time of joy for us is that we know the ending; Jesus lives!! However, the disciples did not know the ending and they felt quite different. Probably scared and sad and alone and confused. And think about how they felt when they saw Jesus alive again, in the flesh!! I can not imagine the joy and love that overflowed from them!

So as I thought about this fact and related it back to my life, I find myself acting like the disciples...scared, sad, alone, and confused over my current circumstances. I have told God 100 times, just tell me what happens. I will be happy with Daniel's return, and I can also be happy if I am going to move on and find someone else in the future, if that is His will...just tell me the ending. Somehow I feel if I know the ending then the "right now" things won't matter so much. But after reading my friend's blog it occured to me I DO KNOW THE ENDING!!!

Romans 8:28
God is always at work for the good of everyone that loves Him

Proverbs 3:6
Always let Him lead you, and He will clear the road for you to follow.

Psalm 16:5-6
You, Lord, are all I want! You are my choice, and you keep me safe. You make my life pleasant and my future bright.

Jeremiah 29:11
I will bless you with a future filled with hope, a future of success and not suffering.

John 10:10
A thief comes to kill, steal, and destroy. I have come so that you may have life, and have it abundantly!

No, I don't know the whens or wheres and I don't know the names and faces yet, but the ending has already been written. And just as today was a day of celebration, my life should reflect the fact that God has already won this battle for me.

1 comment:

Brie said...

We do know the ending! I'm praying that you continue to hold tight to God! You are a constant encouragement to me and my relationship with God!