Monday, May 17, 2010

College Grad

This past weekend my brother graduated from college. It was neat to watch him walk across the stage and receive his well earned diploma in International Business!! As all the graduates started the processional into the auditorium we saw one person with white writing on his cap. Mom leaned over and said "Tell me that's not Blake!" Oh, yes, it was Blake. He had written "Thanks Mom, I love you" on his cap which made it so easy to spot him in the crowd, so that was nice. Once mom read what it said, she couldn't get mad at him. :) After the ceremony, we all went for sushi and back home for cake and gifts. It was so nice to hang out with the family and enjoy this special day.

To Blake:
I am so VERY proud of you! You have never been conventional and have always brought your own personal style and flare into all that you do and yesterday was no different!! I know that as you enter into the business world you will keep that special quality and that it will set you apart from the others. I love how, as you told us your plans for the next few years, you even had in there a time to "re-evaluate your plans." You are smart to anticipate having to change your course if need be! Keep your spark and your dreams and know that I am behind you and here for you to help you reach them if I can! Congratulations on a great accomplishment!! I love you!





The tassle went a little crazy, but I love this shot!




my first taste of sushi!

2 comments:

Nikki McCallum said...

Oh my!!! Blake looks so adult and everything! So sweet to see how proud you are of your "little" brother!

pammy said...

CONGRATS to Blake, that cutie patooty. I always knew he'd do it, he's just hard headed enough to do it on his OWN time frame. He is amazing!