Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A lesson in aerobics class

I have taught aerobics for over 10 years and one great thing about it is that you have a job no matter where you are!! I usually have the routine memorized for that class but always have a cheat sheet in case I forget. I put my cheat sheet up front with my water bottle on it to keep it from blowing around. This particular day I forgot my water bottle and just set it up there. Towards the end of class the ladies got hot so they turned on the fan...and there went my cheat sheet. I didn't think it was that big of a deal because we were on the final few combinations and I thought I had it memorized. As I continued to cue the moves aloud, in my head I went ahead and started to think of the next combination instead of the next step and I went blank altogether. I just stopped, the ladies and I laughed and we just picked up where I messed up. As I finished the routine and started our stretch time, I heard God remind me that getting too far ahead of Him messes up the right now. Even thinking too far ahead takes me out of this moment and what He has planned for me to experience or accomplish just for today. I just smiled at God and thanked Him for His patience in continuing to teach the same lesson in different ways to ensure that I get it!!

1 comment:

Brie said...

What a great analogy! Isn't it wonderful how God uses what we can best relate to as teaching tools?