Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

This year instead of making a New Year's resolution I decided I would participate in the One Word challenge. I had been thinking and praying about what my one word would be and thought I had an idea, but it seemed very much out of my character. So I asked God to make it clear to me if that is what my one word should be. Funny how you ask God to make something clear to you He will. I heard the word on the radio, on the TV and then again on one of the movies Troy was watching. So my word is...

ADVENTURE

The One Word challenge hopes that the word you choose will be the lens you use all year long to help you get to the change you want to see in yourself. I have been working on becoming the person God created me to be and in some of my reading I realize you can be in God's will and still not be who God created you to be. I think this will be a life long journey and lesson for me, but being more adventurous is something I desperately want in all aspects of my life. With two boys, I want to be the mom that goes along with the boys on their adventures and for them to be proud to have me come along for the experience. With my future spouse, I want to be less meticulous and more spontaneous, able to go and do on a moments notice and have fun no matter what we are doing. With my God, I want to be willing to go wherever He leads. I want my faith to be daring and bold and be able to confidently know that if He has called me to do it, then He will pave the way ahead, no matter how scary it may seem.

So here's to an adventurous 2011!! Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea and love your word!!!!! I'm trying to think about what mine would be?!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to see all of the adventures you'll take in the coming year!