Saturday, February 19, 2011

Adventure #2

The last week or so is what I am going to call a sickness adventure. Teague was sent home from daycare with a fever last Thursday. I had a girlfriend who was able to watch him Friday morning and then I took half a day of work to be with him the rest of the day. Within 24 hours Teague was fine and the weekend was great. On Sunday night, I started to feel bad, but nothing that would keep me from work, but by Monday night all I wanted was sleep. So Chris and I postponed out Valentine's dessert due to me feeling under the weather. At around noon on Tuesday Troy's school told me that Troy was now running fever. So Troy and I both went home Tuesday afternoon to rest. I immediately called my mom to see if she could come into town to help me. Of course, she said yes and started her trip at 4am in order to get here in time for me to leave for work. Again, within 24 hours Troy was fever free and playing around so I thought we were good. But by the time I got to work Mom had texted me and said Teague was covered in red spots. So I went back home to give her the car seats so she could take them to the dr. At the dr. she was told both boys were suffering from viral infections and the hives were the end of Teague's sickness from the previous Thursday. By Wednesday night we were all starting to feel better and got our first good nights sleep in awhile. Unfortunately, on Friday we did a lice check at school and I had contracted lice from one of the little girls that I hug on alot. Uugghhh!! So I went home that afternoon with a lice kit so my mom could comb through my hair section by section to make sure there was no bugs or eggs left in my hair.

I am so lucky to have a mom who came on a moment's notice, Valentine's gifts in tow, to take care of a sick kid and ended up taking two sick kids to the dr. (which is an adventure all in itself), going to the grocery for me, doing my laundry, taking the boys to a movie, picking bugs out of my hair, and helping me clean the house to make sure any and ALL germs or bugs were gone for good! We are getting to start the weekend all healthy and we have a holiday on Monday so it will be nice to hang out with the boys and have no one sick!

1 comment:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Mothers are great, aren't they? Just think, one day, that will be us....hopefully, a day a long long time away.....